Highest Quality since 1941
Traditional Swiss brand CALIDA has been a byword for the highest level of quality since 1941, offering sustainable products that combine outstanding wearing comfort with the perfect fit and a distinctive style. Innovative materials of exceptional quality, excellent workmanship and meticulous attention to detail make CALIDA products in all the latest styles and classic designs the perfect companions for people with a lust for life.
Our range includes daywear and sleepwear, loungewear, tops, accessories, swimwear and beachwear. All are cleverly organised and designed as mix & match collections, enabling the wearer to combine timeless basics and fashionable items for great new looks and individual styles.
All of our products are developed in Sursee in the heart of Switzerland. CALIDA makes bodywear for those who value superb quality and want to feel comfortable in their skin – at work and home, indoors and out, day and night, wherever, whenever.
For more than 75 years, CALIDA has been synonymous with the very best Swiss quality, superb craftsmanship and absolute comfort. CALIDA is dedicated to producing sustainable products that fit perfectly, are a pleasure to wear and can be mixed and matched to suit the customer’s individual style. All of our products are developed in Sursee, Switzerland. Our range includes daywear, sleepwear, loungewear and swimwear.
Today, CALIDA is the first clothing brand worldwide to be awarded the ‘MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX®’ label. The MADE IN GREEN product label is not only issued based on compliance with strict social responsibility and ecological criteria; it also certifies that the textiles carrying the label have been tested for harmful substances.
Our entire children’s range has been certified since autumn 2016, and more and more series from the men’s and women’s ranges now carry the seal as well: the majority of our loungewear has been awarded the certificate along with most of the Basic series from the Daily Function line. We are aiming for the entire collection to be certified over the next few years.
All CALIDA products have been developed entirely in Switzerland, with approximately 80% of production taking place in our own CALIDA factory in Hungary in cooperation with our partners in Hungary, Bulgaria and Romania.
MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX®
MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® is currently the most transparent and stringent label available. It allows consumers to trace production details along the delivery chain all the way back to the raw materials. MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® is a product label for safe and sustainably produced ready-made garments. It combines the certification requirements from OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 and STeP by OEKO-TEX®.
More specifically, this means that products are:
- made exclusively with materials tested according to the OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 in terms of harmful substances. Over 300 testing criteria ensure that all materials, including yarns, fabrics, threads, elastic and even the labels, pose no health risks.
- MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® also certifies that products are made in environmentally-friendly facilities with safe and socially responsible workplaces in line with the STeP by OEKO-TEX® standard. STeP by OEKO-TEX® encompasses all relevant sustainability aspects with a traceable rating and scoring system that is the only one of its kind in the world.
- The label also includes the sustainability and transparency of the fabric and finished-item production, and is committed to using ‘green’ chemicals instead of toxic or potentially hazardous substances in production.
Adding Value for Consumers
- The MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® label informs the consumer that textiles with this label are tested for hazardous substances and are sustainably produced in compliance with OEKO-TEX® guidelines.
- In addition, all items with the MADE IN GREEN label have a unique product ID or QR code that can be traced by the consumer with maximum transparency.
- The product ID or QR code provides information about the production facilities along the textile chain in which the textiles were produced, the specific stages of production that the factories are involved in, and the countries in which the items are produced.
Adding Value for Retailers and Business Partners
- The MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® label provides CALIDA with information about the current sustainability status along its own supply chain. CALIDA is building and backing up its customers’ trust by offering transparency and undertaking demonstrable efforts in the area of sustainability.
- CALIDA not only exemplifies production standards at its own factory in Hungary, but also the reliability of its long-standing relationships with suppliers. They form the basis for the successful implementation of the agreed quality standards and practices of our company’s work ethic. This focus is manifested visibly and credibly through the MADE IN GREEN by OEKO-TEX® label.
- CALIDA demonstrates its commitment to innovation through real achievements that are certified by the independent and highly respected TESTEX AG institute, thereby enabling CALIDA to offer consumers genuine added value and set itself apart from its competitors. In turn, CALIDA is able to offer its trade partners valuable sales arguments based on facts and is able to justify its premium position and corresponding pricing.